Learn about Bryan High Choir
The Bryan High School Choir Department is devoted to developing a love for music, primarily through the art of choral singing, in the lives of its students and in the community.
- Chorale is one of Bryan High's ensembles. It is made up of Advanced Sophomore, Advanced Junior, & Advanced Senior students. Placement into this group requires an audition and director approval.
- Viking Singers Choirs
- The Viking Singers Choirs are made up of Advanced Freshman, Intermediate Sophomore, Intermediate Junior, & Intermediate Senior students. Placement into this group requires an audition and director approval.
- Concert Choirs
- The Concert Choirs are made up of Intermediate Freshman, Intermediate Sophomore, Beginner Junior, & Beginner Senior students. Placement into this group requires an audition and director approval.
- Junior Varsity
- The Junior Varsity choir is an all girls choir with students from all grade levels. The purpose of this class is to prepare its students for placement in the Varsity Choirs. Placement into this group requires director approval.
- Vocal Legacy
- This vocal ensemble is a select group of students from Chorale. It is made up of primarily Junior and Senior level students. Placement into this group requires an audition and director approval.
Congratulations to your officers for the 2015-2016 school year.
- President – Tori Badillo
- Vice President – Cassidy Crawford
- Officer – Lauren Bernal
- Officer - Kailey Farris
- Officer - Rebecah Flores
- Officer - Marco Gutierrez
- Soprano – Amina Butt
- Alto – Avery Potts
- Tenor – Robert Badgett
- Bass – Dillon Albright
How do I join choir?
Auditions are held at the end of each school year and include testing of your vocal range, singing "Silent Night" or a song familiar to you in several keys, and sight-reading an eight measure phrase. If you would like to schedule an audition time, call the choir room to make an appointment at 979-209-2626.
All required activities and classroom work are graded. A minimum of 13 grades are given each six weeks. All grades are considered major or daily grades.
- 1st period – Viking Singer Men & Women
- 2nd period - Concert Men
- 3rd period - Concert Women/Vocal Legacy
- 4th period - Lunch/Planning/Travel
- 5th period - Chorale
- 6th period - JV Girls
- 7th period - Planning/Travel
Tutorials are available Tuesday, Wednesday, & Thursday from 7:40am - 8:05am & 3:45pm - 4:10pm. Students may also make appointments for hours not listed above.
Overview of Course
Choir is a performance-oriented class dealing with choral, ensemble, and solo literature. Students learn the use of the voice as an instrument in addition to building fundamental music skills through rehearsal and performance of this literature. They study music from many cultures, styles, and historical periods in the roles of both listener and performer.
- Just Short Concert
- Feast of Carols
- Broadway Musical
- New York Trip
- UIL Solo/Ensemble Contest
- UIL Concert & Sightreading
- Region/Area/State Auditions
- UIL Concert
- State Solo/Ensemble Contest